What is An Enterprise Zone?
Gifts of $1,000 or more qualify for Enterprise Zone tax credit. Please read the rules below carefully, then navigate to the donation page.
Because of legislative changes to the Colorado Enterprise Zone (EZ) tax program which became effective this year, the Mission must have your Social Security Number or Colorado Taxpayer Account Number in order to ensure your contribution receives EZ tax credit. If the Mission does not have a record of one of these numbers for your accont when your contribution is submitted to the EZ program administrator for processing, it will result in the tax credit being denied. As the end of the year is rapidly approaching and the likelihood of the Mission reaching its 2014 EZ Cap increases, we urge you to contact a development officer at 303-297-1815 to confirm the Mission has this essential information.
CLICK HERE TO READ AN
IMPORTANT LETTER REGARDING THE
2014 ENTERPRISE ZONE GIVING PROGRAM
In 1986, the Colorado legislature created enterprise zones as a way to assist businesses and non-profit organizations located in economically depressed areas throughout the state. This legislation makes it possible for the Denver Rescue Mission to offer its donors a 25% Colorado state income tax credit on cash contributions of $1,000 or more. Over the years, this program has proven to be of great value both to the Mission and its supporters.
Here is How it Works
There may be a substantial tax benefit for donations made to the Denver Rescue Mission through the Enterprise Zone. The net after-tax benefit for a gift of $1,000 is $630. In this way a gift of $1,000 costs only $370 after taxes (see example on right). Specific net after-tax benefit for the same gift will differ based on individual tax situations.
- Donors make a contribution by check (or online), $1,000 minimum amount to $400,000 maximum amount.
- Donors must indicate Enterprise Zone on the memo line of the check OR make their donation on our Enterprise Zone donation page.
- Donors send check to the Denver Rescue Mission at P.O. Box 17963, Denver, CO 80217.
- The EZ program requires that donors provide social security number or Colorado Taxpayer Account Number.
- Within 60 days, the Denver Rescue Mission sends the donor the appropriate paperwork for tax purposes.
For more information on the Enterprise Zone, please contact a development officer at 303.297.1815.
- Decreases donor's state tax liability through a 25% state tax credit for cash gifts and 12.5% for in-kind contributions such as stocks (there must be a state tax liability).
- Provides the opportunity for donors to help more people in need by decreasing the net cost of their contribution.