The Mission’s Adopt-A-Family program allows members of the community to nominate families who will have Christmas brought right to their door!
Compassionate sponsors purchase, wrap and hand-deliver gifts to the nominated families, bringing a little hope during a difficult time of the year. This program is made possible by our supporters and participating Adopt-A-Family sponsors.
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of families in need each Christmas.
Scroll down to see how you can nominate or sponsor a family.
Nominate a Family
Families must be nominated by a community service provider like a school counselor, teacher, clergyman, doctor’s office, case manager, or social worker.
Nominations will be open from October 1 to November 6, 2017.
Sponsor a Family
This Christmas season, our Adopt A Family program will help bring Christmas cheer to families in need thanks to community sponsors like you. Families are nominated from trusted community service providers
We would like to match willing sponsors to families for the purpose of providing them with Christmas gifts. As a sponsor of a family in need, you will be asked to:
- Provide gifts for each child in a nominated family. Gifts should include an item of new clothing and one or two toys (Minimum of $40.00 to spend per child).
- Provide a gift or gifts for each adult in a nominated family (Minimum of $25.00 per adult).
- If you wish, provide a gift certificate to a local grocer to be used for purchasing Christmas dinner. This is a recommended additional gift, though not required.
- Neatly wrap all gifts.
- Drop off gifts at the preferred physical address listed on the nominated family’s wish list.
- The nominated family has agreed to be home, and is expecting you on 12/16/17 during the day, unless other arrangements have been made by you, the sponsor.
The designated gift drop off date for this year is Saturday, December 16. Please make alternative arrangements with your nominated family if you wish to drop off gifts on a different date.