Protecting your online security is our top priority.
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
DAFs have quickly become America’s most popular tool for charitable giving. DAFs are like your own private foundation but without any of the administrative red tape. One of the simplest ways to give real estate, stocks, mutual funds or commodities, DAFs offer an immediate tax deduction for the market value of your donation, but also allow you time to decide when you want to give.
Please Note: Some DAFs may not allow you to claim Enterprise Zone tax credit on your gift. Please consult with your professional tax advisor to be sure the Enterprise Zone tax credit program will benefit your specific tax situation.
If you would like to make a donation using the previous donation form layout, please click here.
How Enterprise Donations Work
The purpose of the Enterprise Zone Contribution Tax Credit Program is to support businesses and non-profit organizations, such as Denver Rescue Mission, located in economically distressed areas throughout the State of Colorado. The Enterprise Zone tax credit allows a dollar for dollar reduction in state taxes owed by an amount equal to 25% of cash donations to Denver Rescue Mission of $250 or more.
- The Enterprise Zone tax credit is in addition to the charitable deduction allowed to adjust taxable income.
- A minimum cash donation of $250 is required to participate.
- You must indicate your desire for Enterprise Zone tax credit. For example, write “EZ” on the memo line of your check. Or, when donating online, write “EZ” in the donor comments section.
- To qualify for Enterprise Zone credit, you must provide one of the following to Denver Rescue Mission (We keep these numbers secure and private to your account.):
- Federal Employer Tax Identification Number (FEIN)
- Your Colorado Taxpayer Identification Number
- Or the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Once we receive your gift, we will send you a receipt. Within 30 days, if we have an active email address on file for you, the state of Colorado will send you an emailed copy of your Certification of Qualified Enterprise Zone Contribution Form (DR005) to support your claim for tax credit. If we do not have an active email address on file, you will receive your Form DR0075 by mail within 60 days.
- You must file your tax return electronically with the Colorado Department of Revenue.
- Gift-In-Kind donations of stocks, bonds or mutual funds are eligible for Enterprise Zone tax credit at a rate of 12.5%. Qualified cash gifts may increase the tax value to a full 25%. In order to receive the full 25% tax credit for Gift-In-Kind donations,the total amount of all qualifying cash gifts made to any Enterprise Zone charity must equal one-seventh of the combined value of all Gift-In-Kind donations made in that calendar year. More details can be found at the Colorado Department of Revenue website.
Please consult with your professional tax advisor to be sure the Enterprise Zone tax credit program will be of benefit to your specific tax situation.
Did You Know?
There are multiple ways to give an EZ Gift!
Check out the options below to learn how you can make an EZ gift, or use the form above to make your gift today!
Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- No capital gain to be recognized
- Full value of stock is tax deductible
- May qualify for Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
- Stocks, bonds and most mutual funds accepted
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
DAFs have quickly become a popular tool for charitable giving.
It's like having your own private foundation without having to deal with any of the administrative red tape, and they are one of the simplest ways to give real estate, stocks, mutual funds, or commodities.
Employer Matching Gifts
Double Your Donation at No Cost to You!
Many employers offer matching gift programs up to one full year after you donate or volunteer grants to increase your impact in the community. Find out if your employer offers a matching gift program or volunteer grants today!