If you decide to use a lawyer to create or update your Will - or review your Online Will – you’ll want to find an attorney who shares your Christian values and is knowledgeable in estate planning.
There are 3 sources you can check for a referral to a trusted Christian estate planning attorney:
1. Contact Us. You can contact our office or Orchard Foundation for a referral.
2. Christian Legal Society. You can go online for a referral from the Christian Legal Society, a national network of approximately 3,000 legal professionals committed to loving and serving Jesus Christ in the practice of law.
3. Your Pastor. Your Pastor is probably connected to a wide network of people, which may include a Christian estate planning attorney. Even if he doesn’t know a Christian attorney, he can ask others for a trusted referral because of his position.
Now that you have a basic idea of what you need to do to create your Will, here are some additional resources to help answer any questions you may have:
- Sample Bequest Language
- Four Advantages of Online Wills
- How do Online Wills Work?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Make a Will?
- Including the Lord’s Work in Your Will
- How do I Find a Christian Estate Planning Attorney?
This information is not intended as legal, accounting or other professional advice. For assistance in charitable planning, consult an attorney for legal advice or the services of a qualified professional.