Why Should I Donate Stock?
Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- No capital gain to be recognized
- Full value of stock is tax deductible
- May qualify for Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
- Stocks, Bonds and most Mutual Funds are accepted
Please note: We may not be able to accept some mutual funds directly into our account. If you wish to make a gift of mutual funds, please contact us.
How to Donate Stock – Two Easy Steps
Step 1) Transfer Stock
Provide your broker or financial adviser with the following information:
- Denver Rescue Mission Broker: Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
- Financial Consultant: Jon Mills
- Account Name: Denver Rescue Mission
- Account Number: 1AB23469
- Contact Phone Number: 303.863.4850
- Email: Jon.Mills@wellsfargo.com
- DTC #: 2072
- DTC Text Box: Your Name and contact info
If your institution requires a letter of authorization, please download a sample authorization letter here.
Step 2) Notify Denver Rescue Mission
To insure proper crediting of your stock donation, please contact us or have your broker contact us using the form below to notify us that the transfer is underway.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Date of stock transfer
- Number of shares
- Name of stock
- Correct spelling of your name
- Your complete mailing address
- EZ tax credit intentions (If applicable)