Who Gets the Turkeys?
Denver Rescue Mission partners with 100 agencies including churches, schools and non-profits to bring Thanksgiving into the homes of people in need. We also distribute more than 3,000 Thanksgiving food boxes and provide a traditional Thanksgiving meal to men, women and children in need at our Lawrence Street Community Center, Fort Collins Rescue Mission, and The Crossing.
YOU Can Help!
- Help provide the following items on/by Wednesday, November 22:
- Frozen Turkeys (12 lbs. or more; turkeys must be frozen to meet safety standards)
- Boxed Mashed Potatoes
- Boxed Stuffing
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Yams
- Please bring your donations to one of these locations:
- Lawrence Street Shelter, 1130 Park Ave, West, Denver, CO (M-Sun.; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Ministry Outreach Center, 5725 E. 39th Ave.Denver, CO (M-F; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- The Crossing, 6090 Smith Rd. Denver, CO (M-Sun.; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Mike Ward Infiniti, 1800 Lucent Court, Highlands Ranch, CO ONLY on Thurs., Nov. 16, Fri., Nov. 17 and Sat., Nov. 18 (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- And, if you purchase a vehicle (New or Pre-Owned) from any Mike Ward Dealership while donating a turkey, Mike Ward will donate $200 to Denver Rescue Mission!
- Give cash toward a turkey. The average turkey costs between $15.00 and $20.00. Donate online!
- Host a drive with friends, colleagues or your church and collect turkeys and needed canned food items for Thanksgiving. (See right column for details)
- Tell your friends – Share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #GetGobbled!
Volunteer For the Turkey Drive!
We're in need of special "Turkey Toss" volunteers every day November 15 through November 22 to help collect turkeys from generous donors across from our Lawrence Street Shelter dowtown. Shifts range from 2 to 3 hours. Follow these steps to sign up:
- Go to www.denverrescuemission.org/volunteer
- Click “Advanced Search”
- Under Title, type in “turkey”
- This will take you to a page of all the special volunteer projects related to our Turkey Drive
- Click through to find the time and date that works for you, create your volunteer profile and sign up
- That's it! We look forward to seeing you at the Turkey Toss!
Help us put a turkey on every table! This year, our goal is 15,000 turkeys on/by November 22!
Want to Host Your Own Drive?
Share this flyer below to help spread the word at your office, church or group gathering. We're accepting turkeys through 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22. Thanks for supporting our Turkey Drive!
Click the image for a larger version.